Friday, May 29, 2009

Prep Begins Now - Building Base

While i am still trying to get my buddy to sign up for Ironman NZ in March next year, i think its about time that my training begins. Latest news is that he is keen to do the event with me, i'll just KIV.

This is going to be my event plan leading up the the A-race.

12 Jul 09: Port Dickson OD
1 Aug 09: Desaru HIM
16 Aug 09: AHM
11 Oct 09: Safra Quadthlon
Dec 09: Standchart marathon
Jan 10: ??
Feb 10: ??
Mar 10: Ironman NZ

My first pit stop will be Desaru and i have slightly over 60 days to train for it.

my plan will be as follows:
-first 35 days build base (build up till 2km swim, 90km bike & 21km run)
-next 21days will be speedworks, bricks, longer distances, test nutrition.
-last 7days will be tapering

ok that's all i can think of so far, will refine the plan and share later.

2 comments:

kokie said...

Wow bro, hang on there, will step up the tempo on the desaru training once i get pass this @#$#@%@#$ exam.. =.="

Shawn said...

all the best to your exam first bro, later when you are done come join me for more intensive training.